We all understand that unless you fill up your own tank, there is nothing left to give to others – a bit like the principle of making sure that in the event of an aircraft crash, a child’s mask is second to be fitted after the adult has got theirs firmly in place. We also know that self kindness is a good training for being really giving to our significant others and we know that our tolerance to their breakdown is dependent on not being burnt out ourselves.
However, we are given many mixed messages about the permissiveness of loving kindness rituals in our culture and secretly believe a friend or partner who is good at self care is self indulgent perhaps in self absorbed, self centred or at worst, a narcissist.
This workshop is about assessing the balance. The kinds of questions we will bring under inspections are:
1. How do we become aware of self neglect? For instance, how much sleep do we need? How much exercise? Where do our injuries come from?
2. How do we recognise when being (inevitably) bitter and twisted about how much giving we do has turned us into a martyr?
3. How can we say “no” effectively and still feel really kind? How can we switch off from being available 24/7 to those that need us?
4. Why do so many physical self soothing practices make us fat or become addictive? When is self care really just self indulgence?
5. Do affirmations really work or are they just naff? When does being pleased with ourself turn into pridefulness?
6. Does a clean and tidy de-cluttered environment really nurture the Soul or is it just another area to fall into perfectionism?
On the workshop we will offer you:
* SELF CARE TACTICS FOR SOMA AND SOUL
* CONFIDENCE TO SAY NO KINDLY
* EFFECTIVE STRAGEGIES TO AVOID BURN OUT
* BODY-NURTURING FUN IDEAS THAT ARE NON-FATTENING AND NON ADDICTIVE
* A VERY RELAXING DAY WITH LOVELY LIKE MINDED PEOPLE